A Good First Day!

I did it! First days can be hard, but this one was OK. I followed my plan for the most part - I deviated a bit when I realized I didn't have all the ingredients for the stuffed chicken breasts, so I substituted with some BBQ chicken and pasta. Also, I ditched my pre-planned nighttime snack because I was itching for something crunchy, so I ate a perfectly portioned amount of chips instead. I think I ended the day at 29 points. That's right about where I should be - I'm certainly not going any higher than that. All things told, I felt pretty satisfied throughout the day. That amount of points actually seems very high...like I said, still not quite understanding this whole Weight Watchers thing, but I'm trying it. I also worked out and oh lord, what a wake up call - I am SO out of shape.

Anyway, just saying that today went well. You can all expect to see a lot more of me now that I'm doing this for real.

ETA: I just need to take a second and plug the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with chicken from Panera. It was SO DELICIOUS and SO FILLING. Totally worth the 6 points - it has strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, mandarin oranges, walnuts, seasoned chicken, and a slightly tangy poppyseed dressing. I got the half order, and because Panera is stupid they insisted I had to get another item, so I got a cup of chicken noodle soup thinking I'd eat that too, but oh man, that salad filled me RIGHT up. A super light summertime lunch, in case you're looking for something like that :)

Comments

Katie Wood said…
I'm glad your first day went well! When you wrote about buying a scale, I was like, "YES! Scales are your friend!" Even though I don't always like the number on it, I've become obsessed with weighing myself--seriously, sometimes like 2-3 times a day. It's just a great way to monitor even small fluctuations in weight -- and to ensure that I catch any slipping early. Keep up the good work!

Popular posts from this blog

Attitude is Everything and Goal Setting

Back in the saddle again...

Not necessarily great, but could be worse?